Thursday, December 31, 2009

Here's to a Great 2010!!!!

Having today off of work, I have been indulging in enjoying my coffee esconced in my recliner, watching the Today Show on NBC and reading the newspaper. It seems everyone has hopes for a better year than 2009 turned out to be.

The media is full of ways to improve your life, eat healthier, organize and de-clutter. 2010 is a new beginning for my daughter, who has purchased her first home and is moving in this weekend. This begins a domino effect for her father and me, since we will gaining a room in our house, to go through home and "organize and de-clutter". This past year, I wanted my mantra to be "less is more". Never quite got there, though.

The urge to evolve and re-invent is strong. I want to re-awaken my creativity and start painting again. Traveling to new places with friends is also high on the priority list. Everyday, I gain more perspective on just how brief our sojourn on this planet really is, a very small part of our journey. Wasting a single minute of it seems like a great tragedy.

This year, I want to spend as much time as I can with beloved friends and family. Looking forward to getting out on the road for new adventures and the planning has already begun.

Let us move forward. Life is like standing on a bridge over a rushing stream, what is moving towards you is coming so fast, I don't want to waste time watching what has already passed under the bridge.

1 comment:

CC said...

That was awesome to read and oh so very true. I as well am looking forward to 2010 and some of the very same things, family, friends, and fun. The best to you and your family for 2010.