Saturday, April 24, 2010

Free 2 B Me!!

An inescapable fact of life is that everything changes, nothing stays the same. It has been my experience that when everything seems to be going well, that is the most likely time you will have your knees knocked out from under you.

In the past few weeks, we have had changes in our own little corner of the universe. The better half made the decision to sell our 1972 Corvette Coupe. It is a great car and deserves much better than we have been able to give it in the last few years. She now has a wonderful new owner who will cherish owning a great car. So we are down to two Vettes. I get to see Ironheart (the name I had given the C3) now and then because the person who bought her does business with the company I work for and he is driving Ironheart when he doesn't have his Harley or his Challenger out.

Also, I had to make the hard decision to close out my Facebook account. I had very much enjoyed posting pictures of my garden and activities but the whole concept of Facebook had become toxic to my well -being. Someone very close to me told me about articles that have been published relating to the fact that people allow their dysfunctionalisms to run wild on this internet application. From what I have observed, this appears to have a valid basis in fact. To quote Carol Burnette's charecter in the "Four Seasons" movie (to the best of my memory) "When you see your friends naked in the morning, it makes it hard to have dinner with them in the evening." One might say I should have more compassion for people's problems and issues. However, if individuals cannot or will not admit that they have psychoses, you can't help them. Period, end of statement. So for my own heath and well-being, I chose to distance myself from witnessing other's emotional downward spirals.

Being at a huge crossroads in my personal growth and development, I am looking at the best path to continue evolving and developing as a human being. Exploring new artistic pathways and taking a good look close to home to "clean up" my own issues so progress can be made.

No comments: