Sunday, June 6, 2010

Non-Corvette Owner just don't get it!

Last week, when people at work asked if I had any plans for the weekend, I told them about the Corvette Driving Experience at the Michelin Test track in Laurens County, SC. I am positive that my eyes were sparkling and my smile was ear-to-ear while I was talking about it. But for the most part, all I got was a blank look and a "Oh, well...good for you."

That is because non-Corvette owners JUST DON'T GET IT. They never will. Words can't describe adequately the feelings you have when you are in the midst of Corvette brethren, especially at an event like this. The happinenss, the feeling of belonging, can't be described to someone who has never experienced this phenomenon.

I am mindful of when I first drove my new 2010 Camaro, Lil Sister, to work. One of my managers asked me if I preferred it over the Corvettes that the better half and I own. I had to think a moment about how to answer him. It is like comparing apples to oranges. In spite of both being made by Chevrolet, they are two completely different cars. Each has standout qualities but you really can't compare them side by side. I could tell, he didn't get it. In his mind, how could I not say that the new Camaro was the best car? I tried to tell him how it is to be a Corvette owner, the qualities that make the Corvette so unique, but to no avail. Like I said, blank stare.

So tonight, going to meet fellow Corvette owners to celebrate their winning of the Mayor's Trohpy at Corvettes at Maggie Valley, we will bask in the glow of their victory, our wonderful driving experience yesterday, and discussing future plans to come, driving America's premier sports car!

1 comment:

Patrick G. Welch said...

Corvette Day was a wonderful event. Pictures of the event can be found here: http://pgwelchphotography.com