Sunday, June 13, 2010

Letter to Our Son's Ex-Girlfriend

I doubt you will ever see this but it makes me feel better to purge my soul of the venom you have caused to be created. I am so angry over how you have treated my son whose only mistake was to love you unconditionally and to defend you, unceasingly, against the rest of the world who saw you for what you really are.

But you have finally crossed the line in the sand that even he could not ignore. You have lied repeatedly about the new "dude" in your life and have broken my son's heart into so many pieces that I cannot fathom how long it will take to mend. Thank God, he has many friends who care for him. You did your best over the years to alienate them from him but they are coming out of the woodwork in droves to re-connect their friendships now that you are out of the picture. He has his family, who has continued to love him in spite of how hard you tried to alienate him from us. We are here to be his safety net and we are holding hope for the day when he will meet someone else who will love him for the good and decent person he is.

The final opening of his eyes took place Friday evening, June 11, 2010. You committed the unforgiveable and unforgettable action to a car jock. My son not only took care of your needs over the years but also took loving care of your red Mustang convertible. He brought it to our house, washed and waxed it, checked the tire pressure and rotated your tires. He changed the oil and I am sure he didn't ask you to pay for the supplies. However, you wouldn't let him drive it except to bring it to our house to work on. Because one time, he caused it to get a small scratch.

But this past Friday, he saw you and your new "dude" at the gas station. You were letting him drive the Ford which I am sure he doesn't understand or appreciate one tenth as well as the Ford man who had been taking care of it for so long.

For myself and my family, good riddance ex-girlfriend. May you receive what you have given!

My son, we are here for you and we love you no matter what. I hope you have happier times soonest!!

No comments: