Sunday, April 20, 2008

DOWTOWN GREENVILLE, SOUTH CAROLINA

Wow! After the rain cleared out yesterday afternoon, we decided to ride downtown to check out Artisphere, a festival of the arts in downtown Greenville, SC. Everytime I go, I am amazed at the beauty of the city. The weather was perfect and there was much to see and experience. Wonderful expressions of artistic abilities abounded and I feel everyone could find something that spoke to them.

The palette of colors the artists used in their craft was nearly eclipsed by the many and varied prom-goers that were taking advantage of the great weather and beautiful flowers to obtain great photo-ops. It must have been a popular weekend for proms because the formal wear almost outnumbered the art patrons. Proud families and professional photogs were very much in evidence finding the perfect setting to take pictures of the young folks in formal attire.

As we left downtown, darkness was starting to fall and I wondered as I always do everytime we go downtown, why do we not go more often?

1 comment:

Steve-O said...

I was there. Where were you? Ha Ha.
I agree - it was great - Vetpack needs to do more downtown stuff...