Saturday, January 30, 2010

Neither snow or sleet or freezing rain....

I know some folks wanted the snow but I had been looking forward to breakfast with the Carolina Vettepack all week long. We had thirteen people who had committed to being there. Sigh....

Awakened at 5:00 a.m. by hounds who thought they wanted to go out (but backed away from the door when I opened it and they heard the tat-a-tat tat of the sleet) I could not get back to sleep. Finally gave up and put the coffee on while I kept a watch for the newspaper to appear. When it showed up a little after 7:00 a.m., I took the opportunity to check the road condition in the 'hood.

Slushy!! We might be able to pull this off! The better half said "Let's do this!" and got the all-terrain Vette out of the garage. I keep forgetting it has the traction control thing-y on it. Off we went and parked right beside the trucks and SUVs at the restaurant. I have a picture to prove it! And low and behold, a familiar looking SUV pulled in a little while later with two more Vettepackers inside.

We spent a very nice interlude visiting and catching up with our friends. I was happy we decided to "go for it"!!



1 comment:

CC said...

Yes, it would have been great to have been there, but my driver thought better of taking the vette out with what looked like more ice in our little area...so we will have to plan another breakfast so we can all eat our fiber!