Sunday, March 28, 2010

THIS AND THAT...

My hydrangeas made it through!! I sincerely hope that was winter's final blast because everything is popping out and smelling divine. The evergreen clematis on our side porch is so heady that a natural high ensues whenever I step outside. The tulip tree is blooming, the yard is coming to life.

We still have issues with our large koi pond and a leak. The spouse was busy yesterday afternoon re-routing plumbing from the plant bog, through the pump and back into the plant bog. He has taken all the plants out and re-homed them because we are going to net the koi and move them to a temporary home in the plant bog. Can you say fish round-up?

Of course, we will have to put a significant barrier over the top of the plant bog to keep the darling little heron away from dining on my koi!! Honestly, I don't understand why they are an endangered species since every pond owner has at least one harrassing their fish!!

While we are looking for and repairing the leak in the big pond, we will give it a good clean-out before putting the koi back into their home. I hope they don't spawn in the plant pond because it will be a long drop if one of them goes over the side.

Baby Girl, our newest rescued greyhound has a very strong prey drive and is showing every indication that she will love being outside in the warmer weather. The heron may have met its match! Gosh darn, I would hate that!

Eagerly awaiting our first major event of the car club for this year, Vettes Doin' the Charleston http://www.4cccc.org/Content/vdc.cfm , we are trying to get the yardwork caught up.

I have registered the '96 Torch Red LT4 convertible into the People's Choice for this event. The scored judgin is a lot of work and I just want to have a car on the field. I don't define my life by winning trophies, I just want to have a good time and make memories with friends. We are also planning on taking the 2010 Camaro with her awesome new stripes.

The social calendar is heating up along with the weather. To quote Johnny Haskell, "Life is good!".

1 comment:

CC said...

Good luck with the moving of the Koi and finding the leak. Sounds like all is moving along very nice in your yard. Need pictures when you can!