Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saw Eclipse at the IMAX

Ok, I don't get it. I guess in my head, I had visions of the screen in Soarin' at Epcot. Or at the very least (giving away my age here) of the old Chevy Show screen at Six Flags in Georgia. Shelled out the fifteen dollars a pop to see the newest Twilight movie, Eclipse, yesterday at the Great Escape Theatres in Simpsonville, SC, in their IMAX theater.

Don't get me wrong, I was impressed by the overall experience. Nice employees, clean restrooms, good popcorn (15.99 for a medium and 2 medium drinks), and the seating was very comfortable. I don't get the big deal of the IMAX experience. The screen was large and slightly curved but I could not tell that it was any better to view the movie in IMAX over the traditional method.

Seeing how I don't go to movie theaters very often (due to health reasons), I was disappointed that a movie experience I had waited for and looked forward to was such a letdown. The movie itself was very good and I am much looking forward to Breaking Dawn (in my opinion, the best of the four Twilight books). I am a big Twihard fan and was very willing to shell out the big bucks for the IMAX experience. Future plans for November was to see the Part One of the last Harry Potter book, Deathly Hallows, there also. I think the regular screen will be just fine from now on.

I think it can be said, been there, done that. Don't feel so guilty about the two bags of candy I had hidden in the bottom of my purse.







No comments: